“Excellent . . . This is an essential guide for anyone planning a dreamy summer of camping, picnics and swimming.” — The Daily Telegraph
Daniel Start, environmentalist, travel photographer and award-winning author of the bestselling Wild Swimming Britain, Wild Swimming Coast and Wild Swimming France, ventures to America for the first time.
Together with native wild swimmer and co-author, David Orloff, he leads us away from our screen-based lifestyles and the crowded, commercial beaches to the lesser-known rivers, swimming holes, majestic waterfalls, creeks and hot springs of California.
Featuring 300 stunning photographs that illustrate 150 wild swims across the 10 regions of the Golden State together with practical outdoor advice, detailed directions, useful maps, an intelligent code system and GPS readings, this alternative travel guide will inspire families and adventurers alike to strip-off, dive-in and get-wet!
Sign-up for updates at the Facebook page>>>
Learn more about the series on the Website>>>
- Author: Daniel Start & David Orloff
- Perfect Paperback: 256 pages
- Genre: Swimming & Diving, Nature, Travel
- Publisher: Live Consciously Publishing & Wild Things Publishing (Spring 2014)
- Distribution: Independent Publishers Group (IPG)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-0955465680
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 6.6 x 0.8 inches
- Rights: World
- Other: eBook, Kindle, ePub and App